Friday, February 22, 2008

my cup runneth over

brooklyn rayne. she is our baby at the moment. most of you know her journey into this world. as a mother there are things you want for your child....after 3 healthy babies, i learned with the struggles of my 4th that i wanted simpler things. when we learned her brain wasn't whole, and that she might not survive, i wanted so badly for her to take a breath, just one breath. that would have been enough. she took that breath. then i wanted to hold her and have her look into my eyes and know me, know that i was her mother. she did look into my eyes. next i prayed for her to take her first step. she took that step at 14 months. just yesterday i asked her for a kiss, she leaned over kissed me and then laid her head on my shoulder. most would think that i was touched by the sweetness of her kiss, but more than that was the mere fact that she understood. it is the ONE word at this moment that she actually understands and responds to. this is huge. and at this moment, i feel so blessed.

am i capable of perfection? absolutely. her name is brooklyn rayne.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Bri,
I saw your blog on Mel's! O.K. that just made me cry! I'm so happy that she is accomplishing so much! That is such a miracle! You are such a wonderful mother! I admire you a lot!
I ask Mel how you are all the time!
Hope all is well!

www.theredlifesavers.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! sniff....I remember the breath........our family remembers my raw emotion in the waiting room...my daughters heartfelt nine months of gut-wrenching fear of the future, I too experienced all spilled out that one fine day.