Those of you who are reading this now need to know some imperative information.
1. It’s me, Melanie. I am Hijacking Bri’s blog again.
2. It’s Bri’s birthday!
3. I am here to reveal some truths you may or may not know.
4. I am very wise…. (Okay, so that one is debatable, irrelevant, and not imperative but it had to be said.)
If you are reading this, you know Bri on some level.
Maybe you work with her, maybe you know someone who worked with her, maybe you are a neighbor, maybe you lived in the south with her, maybe you are related to her, maybe you are married to her (hi Brady!), maybe you blog stalk her, maybe you met her in the grocery store or at the gym or through a friend or maybe she excitedly struck up a conversation with you cause you used the word “y’all” in front of her….
However you met this girl… she stuck.
She instantly became your friend.
She became someone you could talk to,
Laugh with,
Confide in
And depend on.
That is Bri.
She gives you everything she has.
She is exhausting to watch.
If you know her well enough to know all the hats she wears in one day, you will agree (you feel me, right Brady?).
First there is the Wife one. That’s number one.
Then there’s the Mom hat. Running a very close second.
Then there’s the Daughter hat.
The Sister hat.
The Friend hat.
The World’s Best Employee hat.
Those are the big ones.
But it’s all the unsung, unseen hats, that really make me wonder if this girl has some kind of super human strength in which eliminates her need to sleep, because how else can she do all she does so well?
There is the Empathy hat. Put on for friends, but also for complete strangers.
The Kindness to Her Neighbors hat. Dropping important things to help them just because they asked.
The Nurse hat. No, not the certified kind, but the kind who looses sleep, misses meals, and rearranges her schedule to hold a sick hand, rub a tiny sick back or give a needed hug.
The Organizational Guru hat. I dare you all to go inspect her closets they will have you in awe and feeling like a pig in no time.
And there’s the Genius hat. I don’t say this lightly either. Bri just tends to excel at ANYTHING she does. You know those people and most of the time you hate those people.
But Bri isn’t one of them you hate. She is just the kind makes you want to be more, do more, and love more….
Being friends with Bri is one of the things I think we can all count as a blessing in our lives.
(Even though she really does make me sick sometimes… in a good way.)
Happy Birthday, Bri…
Thanks for listening to me.
Thanks for teaching me.
Thanks for laughing at me.
Thanks for empathizing with me.
Thanks for organizing for me.
Thanks for being there.
Thanks for your friendship.
Ok… now’s your turn. Go ahead and wish this girl a happy birthday. Tell her what she means to you. Thank her for what she has done for you. Tell her how she makes YOU sick….
Or something like that.
10 comments:
happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Bri, happy birthday to you!
good thing you didn't have to hear me sing that.
The above statements are endorsed by me her husband. I love you Bri!!! I wish you the best birthday ever!!!
she sticks to you like a glue dot.. you are everything that mel has said. when i needed a friend the most in my life you were there. you got it. you are such a great person with such a big heart. i don't know how you do it. the emotional rollarcoaster you are on you do it so well. you handle it. you get up with a smile & do it every day. i look up to you so much. thanks for your friendship. i love ya so much! you are the best!
happy birthday girl!!
xoxo.
heather
I can't even begin to talk about my best friend, Bri, without getting emotional. I've known her for over 10 years, but it's only been during this last year that our friendship has grown in to what I believe is an unbreakable bond. Bri, you know just about everything there is to know about me, and the amazing thing is, you still love me! You are my best friend in the whole world and I don't know what I would do without you. My whole world changed on December 8th. You have been a constant, you are a rock, you lift me up and show me the light. You picked up the pieces when my heart shattered in to a million. And the whole time, you're dealing with getting a new job, leaving an old job, sickness in your family, dr.'s appointments, etc. Yet, you never complain, you just listen to me. My goal every day is to try to be like you. I want people to look at me and be able to see the light of Christ, like when they look at you. You've filled me with the spirit, you've strengthened my testimony, you taught me to pray again, you've helped me feel my Father's and my Savior's love. You are one in a million!! Our friendship is one of my most prized possessions! I can only hope to be the kind of friend to you that you've been to me! I hope you have a fantastic birthday, you deserve it more than anyone I know! Lover you most!! Brandee xo xo xo
MY TURN...
So when you finally get to hold the soft, warm, kicking me, hiccuping when I'm trying to sleep, bundle and she's pink and precious and cuter than any other baby in the nursery, what else would a mom expect when suddenly that tiny bundle turns 10 years older than when you were when you had her you wake up scratching your head.
What is really great about a blog is that you get to see everyone say, what you've known from that first moment, living proof of what you gave life too.
I don't take the credit, I just smile cuz she "IS".
Happy Birthday Baby Bri. Love always and forever, mom
well, I don't really know you that well to have crazy stories to tell, but it meant so much to me when you and Brady cared enough for complete strangers to cry with us and help us remember our little angel. thanks for having a heart of gold and sharing it with us :) I have loved getting to know you better and enjoy spending time with you whenever I get that privilege. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Man, all I can say is ditto to all of the above! Our friendship is young but I hope it grows to a very ripe old age. I was and still am very impressed with you and all that you are Bri. I hope you had a day as amazing and fabulous as you! Thanks for being you and such a great friend! I love you, xoxoxo Jen
happy birthday! i don't know you well, but i know enough from your postings to know that you are a pretty special person. hope it was a great one!
Damn
I missed it
HAppy January 15th
xoxoxo
dear bri...my favorite blog friend i've never met.;D
happy birthday!!! late. i'm always late. you inspire me ,you make me cry, you make me laugh, now please just go to lunch with me! i'll take you out, my treat, for your birthday.
really though, you sound like such an amazing girl and i love that you're southern...i always wanted to be from the south. i love ya'll...it's a good, good word.
so again, happy birthday.:D
Post a Comment