Wednesday, January 12, 2011

hijacked...again!


It’s me, Melanie, again. I am seriously getting good at this hijacking thing aren’t I? (yes, this is me looking for validation)
For those of you who don’t know or have the memory of a goldfish, I have been hijacking this blog for the past few years on January 12.

Why?

Because everyone needs to know when it is this girl’s birthday. (that would be today)
Because everyone needs their opportunity to thank her. (you probably all have reason to)
Because I need to publicly embarrass her by showing you some pictures. (Just kidding there Bri, get the breathing under control. I won’t show those wonderful 30th birthday pictures. You remember the ones I’m talking about though, right?)
But mostly it's because I want to tell you about how Briana is like a clown.

Wait, what?
Yes I did.
I said Briana is like a clown.
Not in the creepy I-am-trying-to-be-funny-but-I-am-really-only-to-give-you-nightmares, way.
No, she doesn’t wear big shoes, or make balloon animals, or cover her face with make-up (she doesn’t need it!) and she doesn’t make small children cry.
She juggles.

She juggles really well. Lots of balls in the air, all the time. She does it quietly, without complaint. And she does it with every ounce of energy she has.


She goes without sleep to comfort non-sleeping children. [mom ball]
She wakes up at the crack of dawn and gives everything she has in her day for her employer [work ball]
She spends her commute home calling her mom, her sisters, her brothers checking in, lending support, and being a crying shoulder. [daughter ball, sister ball]
She spends her nights and lunch breaks, planning lessons and activities for church. [church member ball]
She spends her weekends cleaning house, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. [homemaker ball]
She brings people dinners when she hasn’t figured out what her own family is eating [good neighbor ball]
She lends her time, money, ears, shoulder and heart to any friend in need [friend ball]
And she gives whatever precious little time she has to her husband to talk, to laugh, to cry, to clean, to move furniture, or to watch TV (anything but icarly) together. [wife ball]

There are more things than even I, the wise best friend, even realize people ask of her. She does it. She will go without sleep and food or time for herself to go the distance for someone.

Because the way Briana lives her life is to better everything she has touched.
To bless everyone with a good friend who will be in their corner.

I know because she has bettered me, and she has been in my corner for almost a decade, sacrificing her time, her sleep, her money and sometimes a piece of her sanity for me.

And if you know her, chances are she has done the same for you.
So go ahead, take this chance. On her 29th birthday. (29 + a few years) and tell her thanks even though we all know thanks isn’t nearly enough to touch all she does, it definitely can’t hurt!

Happy Birthday, Bri! And you are welcome for not posting incriminating pictures. Next year, you might not be so lucky.

12 comments:

Amy said...

I am a better person having met her. She is awesome in every way possible! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jessica said...

The happiest of birthdays to you, my friend. I can't wait until our paths cross once again!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday BRI. i hope you have a wonderful day!!! you are an AMAZING PERSON. EVERYTHING Mel said is sooooo true. hope you get spoiled rotten today!!!

love you.

Brady said...

She married me. [compassion/charity ball] Melanie you said it perfectly. Thanks. Bri I love you forever and always. B

melanie33 said...

Ha, ha Brady! Charity ball! So funny.
I guess my friendship falls into that one too!

Brandee G. said...

I saved the mush stuff for the IM I sent you this morning, so, Bri, you are so amazing at juggling balls. Especially when you wear your thong ;) I can't wait for our hot date!! Hope your birthday rocks.

skcoe said...

Best friend Melanie, you are so WONDERFUL! And I hereby give you all the validation you need for hijacking this site once again. BRAVO!

Bri, I adore everything about you and am so glad to have met you and become your friend. I knew you were a keeper the SECOND I first heard your contagious laugh.

Happy Birthday, friend. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday indeed!! Briana, I may not know you well, but I know you well enough. I know that you are exactly what Melanie just described and so much more. You've been quite the example for me simply as a blog buddy and since our moms are friends.

I think you deserve so much more than just birthday wishes, so I hope you have a fabulous birthday, a fantastic week, and a wonderful year full of memories, smiles, hugs, and laughs.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Bri! Hope you had the best day ever!

Staci said...

happy birthday! hope it was great!

Zoe said...

BRI!!!!! Happppppppyyyy Birthdayyyyyyy!!!! I am sad that I didn't realize until today!! I hope that it was a wonderful, amazing, fabulous day. Like Amy said, I too am a better person having met you. Love you girl.

briana said...

what can i say, other than...
you get me, thank you, be careful, your birthday is coming, oh and i love you.