Thursday, November 13, 2008

let it begin



yes, i know what the date is. but, the year i was pregnant with brooklyn coupled with the circumstances surrounding her birth, we decided to decorate for christmas early. since then, not much has changed. i find i cannot control the urge to do the same. or i choose not. it is my favorite holiday. and so, at our house . . . it's beginning to look alot like christmas!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Haul out the holly...that is awesome that you are already decorating for Christmas! I have to admit I am getting excited myself. In fact when on Nov.1 I turned on the radio and heard Christmas music blasting away I was appalled for about one minute and then thought oh, this is actually kinda fun! I have been listening to at least a few moments of Christmas music a day since then!

Val said...

I was thinking that I was going to start decorating as well. Thought it might be a good idea with the baby probably coming early. Post pics I would love to see your home! :)

melanie33 said...

i just finished putting the lights on the tree myself... yes i still don't have a prelit tree. this is the last year i will use that dang tree, i swear. everything else has to wait until the kids come home.

Jennifer said...

We've been watching Shrek the Halls, Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty the snowman, muppets Christmas Carol, and It's a Wonderful Life. Tee hee. We can resist for some reason this year. When your done decorating, lets see some picutures.

Heidi P said...

Way to go!!

Jen said...

I love it! I'm sure your house is looking beautiful. Now, honestly, I can't stand the holiday stuff out in stores before Halloween because I know they're just trying to get us to buy stuff we don't need, but listening to the music and decorating at home is a different story!

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

I understand how you feel .. in 2003 I put up a white tree with tiny white lights... with
glass & crystal angels on the tree.. Pink ribbons.. tiny Gold bows and imbosted angels.. It was my healing tree.. check out my blog.."The healing of me"

None of us are promised tomorrow ... but we can face.. each day.. without sorrow of situations that may happen tomorrow ...

You have inspired me to write.. the story of "The healing of me"..
although the journey has been taking place.. what seems like forever now .. I am putting it in writing for all to see.. I Love you.. Your sister friend.. LisaMe!

Jennifer said...

I think I'm going to call you tonight. I really just need to hear your voice. Hope your doing well.

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh Bri! You need a Scentsy warmer for the hollidays. go check out that link on my page and look at those warmers. They have the best fragrences and I've never had a candle that makes the house smell so good for so long. Plus there is no flame and the tempature of the wax never gets hot enough that if it spills or your child puts there finger in it, it wont burn. So cool! I love scentsy. Plus Andrea Steggell is the cutest girl I have ever met. You really need to get one! You will love it!!! What kind of friend am I? I've had a Scentsy warmer for two years and I never told you about them. Seriously!

Heather said...

thank.you & i love you....