after a few days of pushing a fever of 104 and a nasty cough we decided to take brooklyn into the doctor to learn that she was battling viral pneumonia. excuse me while i pull my hair up so i don't get it tangled in my mother of the year banner. after he shared that news he wrote a script for her double ear infection. someone call DCFS. if you don't know what that is google it. i know because my mother in law is a mandatory reporter. but sunday, even though brooklyn was still sick, she saw the rest of us getting ready to go somewhere . . .
brooklyn: mommy where are you going?
me: i am going to church baby.
brooklyn: i want to go to church with you.
me: honey, you are so sick. you need to stay home with daddy.
brooklyn: but i don't want to stay home, i want to go with you.
me: i know baby, but you can't go. you need to stay here so you can feel better.
brooklyn: but, i promise i'll hold my breath.
sniff.
9 comments:
Yeah it's difficult to make her stay home. She just wanted to go the neighbors house. Again through tears she said she'd hold her breath. Love her. Love you!
aw... what a sad sweetie. I hope she gets feeling better soon.
and i hope you too can recover from your shocking.... well, lets just call it an "illness".
Number one. I love love, love love love, love LOVE that your husband comments on every post. Seriously, that is down home romanticism and I also LOVE IT. Lucky girl.
Number two. Sad sick children break my heart. It's so hard to tell them no or leave them behind when they just don't understand why.
Number three. This picture is priceless.
<3
See that? That is a crack in my heart...
Love you sweet Brooklyn, get well soon love.
mimi
With everything being a virus these days, you never know when to take them in, because you don't want to overuse antibiotics, it's so hard. But you are a fantastic mother! I hope she feels better oh so very quickly! When we got to Nicole's to pick up the kids on Sunday they were all ready for church. KayCee was heart broken because she couldn't go. I felt like the worst mom ever, because we had stake conference, so there was no Primary for her to go to. I thought Nicole was mean for not volunteering to take her anyway...LOL ;) Love you! xoxo
oh that poor baby!!
i hate it when they are sick like that and your just so darn helpless.
hope she feels better real soon.
:( LOVE LOVE that picture...
what a little love... i love that picture. i mean blow it up & put it up in your office or home somewhere!
missin you!
I am sad for Brooklyn .. I totally understand being .. misdiagnosed by Dr's I was so sick and the Dr .. did not want to prescribe an antibiotics .. cost me extra days in bed.. and almost a trip to the Hospital .. Thank God for the PA.. or I would have been in the hosp... Praying for your little ones .. Good thing.. we believe in God and know He is truly the one.. who brings healing and help to us.. We can not depend upon man .. amen .. Sending you Love.. my dear sister friend ..
Having little ones in my house again.. is a true blessing .. but on the down side .. when they get sick.. :( so do I ..
Post a Comment