Tuesday, September 21, 2010

you might be a redneck

the days are getting cooler. so we've been opening the windows and doors a little more. only there's one huge problem, i have had massive issues with flies. and i refuse to buy a fly swatter. it's like a toilet brush. you need it, but once you use it, where do you store the thing. ick! the little buggers are everywhere. and they don't even care. i got right up close to this one with my iphone. look at her posing with her hands all clasped.



i had exhausted my fun sucking the black winged friends into the vacuum. more fun than humans should be allowed. this is also my remedy for killing spiders. so i sent the husband to the store. he came home with these:


which we hung here in the kitchen.


and they worked. like awesome.


see.

it only took seconds. stupid flies. smart brady.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh! That is so gross! This device now qualifies as the "man approved fly catching device". Mine brought these home and they found their way to the outdoor kitchen. (his domain I might add)

I have a history with these "sticky hangy things". While touring Amish country I used a friendly Amish persons commode. I'm not sure if you can picture a 50 something women, wearing cute patterned pants at her ankles and brightly colored top freaking out because the venus fly trap has her hair, the more I freaked out the more of them I got stuck in. I'm sure the screams permeated the nearby kitchen and countryside. I know for certain my blonde locks are still hanging there in the Amish potty!
Have that thing down by the time I get there.
love mom
ps anybody caught laughing----zip it

Shirley said...

Two:

Get SCREENS

It was DARK in there

Heather said...

that is truly so sick. but, thanks so much for the fantastic idea!! :)

Amy said...

That's gross... but a great idea. I found one, dead, in my fridge. Must have flown in when I was unloading groceries.

melanie33 said...

um... ew?
we are having the same issue though. I just don't know if i can handle looking at them on that strip thingy. ew...

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

No flies in my house.. Can't leave the windows open in Louisiana.. I know you Remember the Mosquito's
And I somehow missed the June bugs.. and can't remember when the Love bugs fly ..

Brandee G. said...

Those things are nasty! I hate flies! I will have to tell you my story about those, but it must not be written down to protect the innocent!