Wednesday, April 6, 2011

answered prayers

i want to be pregnant.

one of my greatest fears in life is that that one desire will never fully leave me.

one day i asked my mom a question.

me: mom, how did you know dad was the one?
my mom: i just knew.

i didn't know what she meant until i met brady.

then one day i found myself with yet another life question . . .

me: mom, how did you know when you were done having kids?
my mom: i just knew.

sigh. of course she did.

and if you know me, you know what it takes for me to get my kids here and what we went through to get little brooklyn here this last go round. and, brooklyn is now four and everyday i dream of having more kids. yet in my current life right now, 9 months of bed rest, home health, IVs and hospitalization is not in the cards for us as a family.

on sunday, march 13, 2011, i was set apart as the primary president in our ward. that night i laid in bed staring at the ceiling. as brady leaned over to kiss me goodnight he whispered, see bri, Heavenly Father does answer our prayers.

what? i said.

you've been praying for more kids and you got just that.

first i smiled, then i cried. i am so happy because he couldn't be more right.

13 comments:

Collette said...

This is such a sweet post. Thank you. There's so much more I want to talk with you about all of this than I can leaving a comment - I'm sure we'll find a time.

I did want to say,however, (and I've been meaning to tell you for a while) that when you were set apart, when it was said, "...as the primary president in the {insert our ward name here}", I just felt the mantle getting comfortable on your shoulders and I knew it was where it was supposed to be.

And I was in awe and very happy.

melanie33 said...

and they are the best kind of kids. the kind where you can love all of their goodness and hand over all of their naughtyness to someone else!
so glad we get to bounce primary ideas off each other now, just like passing activity days ideas. Hey when I get a new calling I will let you know, that way you can be prepared cause it will likely come your way too!

Jackie said...

You are going to be a wonderful Primary President!

skcoe said...

I want another one too. Not really, I guess, but I want to nurse again and have someone to keep me company when my other baby is in Kindergarten this year.

Waaah.

I guess I can't do that every time one goes to kindergarten, but it seems kind of logical in a totally silly kind of way. And I think Mayci would be the best big sister ever. But again, do I just keep having them so the youngest can be a big sister/brother?

No.

I'm glad you'll be with my kids every Sunday woman. You're amazing.

And also I want to meet Melanie. Make it happen. I'll bring Collette! PARTY!

Amy said...

Head to toe chills. Those babies of ours can be tricky, can't they. I always thought I would have 4... and we do. I can say now that I do feel done. Your mom is right, you'll know. I didn't feel that way before we got pregnant... I do now. I hope someday you'll feel that too. It's such a tender thing. Ok... now there are tears...

Collette said...

Ooo! A party?!? Okay!

Jen said...

No fair to make me cry right before bed. Brady is spot on, no surprise there. Your new "kids" are just as blessed to have you as your own kids. I asked Baylor tonight how you are and he said well she's my Mama, she is always just being my Mama. Couldn't have said it better. Love you

Brandee G. said...

That's how I need to look at my calling of being KayCee's primary teacher :) It's just an answer to my prayer for more kids, and in no way was I called to be her teacher because she is a little wild child, that no one can control....my prayer is just being answered over, and over, and over, every time she gets put in a new class ;)

Heather said...

oh my heck i am crying + goose bumps right now. i don't know how to even put into words that you were meant for this. can i tell you how special & amazing you are. you are the most kind+ wonderful friend anyone could ask for. you are a MOM just not a MOM..... but, a MOM that everyone will look up to. you fit that calling just perfect. i know your bishop was listening to the spirit that night.
also you are the kind of mom/friend that when you say you need to go to the bathroom... you are kind enough to pay for there dinner. thanks for the best night!!! :) :)
love you girl!

Heidi P said...

Chills... Bri. I am so grateful for you. Really.

Marci said...

that man just knows what to say, huh?
i don't know if we ever stop feeling that want, do we?
i know i'm done but i still crave a little baby to snuggle and when i look at my little one all growing up and leaving me next year for kindergarten, sniff, i want another one to come up right behind her. maybe that is why god gave us grandkids.:D

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

You know I am not sure when a woman.. gets past that moment in her life ... going through a divorce .. stole my moment... but remarrying the thought came back up .. Because all we want to do is be a mother .. 8 yrs later.. we are raising grandchildren 6 & 7 .. for now ... doing what God had brought to us .. Brady I love that you see past the motherhood.. and see in the spiritual mothering :) Bri you have so much to offer so many .. You are a blessing ... as you allow others to see the Love in your life .. I Love you .. LisaMe!

Shelly Kenison said...

Okay and amazing husband too. I am so blessed to have you as a friend and neighbor!