Tuesday, April 26, 2011

in my daughter's eyes

i came home from work
my last day before spring break
to find this doll waiting for me
on the kitchen counter
with a love note attached.
it read . . .


dear mom,
i can't wait to see where we're going for spring break.
every day i miss you so i made a doll for you to put in your room.
i love you.
your daughter,
berkeley

no pattern.
no help.
just legos.
and whole lot of heart.
i asked her what she made.
she said she made me.

in my daughter's eyes . . .

i'm skinny,
open,
have no grey hair-
happy,
girly,
and on solid ground.

i'm going to keep that doll forever.

9 comments:

Brandee G. said...

That Berkeley is one little amazing human you created (even if it wasn't out of Legos)! I would keep that doll forever, too! I sure wish the rest of the world saw me through KayCee's eyes :D

Amy said...

Love her!

Unknown said...

Funny, she see's the same thing your momma does.....:)

skcoe said...

...and a brunette to boot!

She's just like the rest of us, she loves you and misses you and thinks you're fabulous.

Your kids are AMAZING too!

melanie33 said...

i keep telling you, but you just wont believe me. Glad your daughter can get it through your thick skull.

p.s. i still maintain you don't have gray hair.

Heather said...

i would keep it too. forever. good thing you don't have a three year old to destroy it!!

love you lots & lots!!!

a said...

AH MAZING! I love it!

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

I Love it .. I have several notes Jamie wrote me ... they are priceless .. the heart of a child and their pure love for their mom .. If only we could bottle it .. We would be Rich .. but wait we are rich :) IN LOVE ,, LisaMe!

Shelly Kenison said...

So maybe I am reading your blog without permission, but I don't think you will mind. Oh my gosh I love this post. Kids are amazing in the ways they are able to say I LOVE YOU! What an awesome daughter you have.