Saturday, January 12, 2013

it must be january 12

Its the moment you've all been waiting for. Okay, well maybe not exactly. I know you have all been waiting for a post from Bri, but today what you get is the next best thing: A hijacked birthday post from her close and personal friend, Me.
It's true. I really am. I have the photographic evidence to prove it, if you don't believe me.
I have been hijacking this blog annually for a few years now. Long enough to wonder if I am repeating myself. This week as I contemplated what I would write that was new, what I could write that was something you didn't already know about Bri, I realized something: You are here. You already know Bri. Not much is going to come as a surprise to you.
If you know her, then you love her.
If you have been sick, chances are she has shown up with chicken noodle soup.
If you were sad, chances are she made you laugh until you weren't.
If you were craving junk food, chances are you got some oreos on your doorstep.
If you your life was falling apart, chances are she was there to help you sort out pieces.
If you or a family member were in the hospital, chances are she brought your family dinner.
If you were having a bad day, chances are you received a thoughtful message from her that was just what you needed to hear.
You have laughed with her.
She has made you feel comfortable.
She has been real with you.
She has been in your corner.
You have learned from her.
You no doubt have cried with her.
And if you were around to witness the CRAP she has gone through this year, then you have been completely inspired by her strength and courage and grace (This goes for you too Brady, but I think your year deserves a whole other blog post).
If you know her, you love her like I do.
If you know her, you have on more than one occasion thanked God she was a part of your life.
I know how you feel. I understand you.

I count my friendship with Bri as a life changing blessing that I don't know if I will ever be fully deserving of.

So go ahead. You have my permission.
Take this chance to tell this girl happy birthday. Shower her with words of kindness and love and maybe give her some chocolate. Because chocolate is very very good.

Happy Birthday, Bri. May you get a chance to see today, what the world has gained from your beautiful life these past thirty something years. I would be more specific on your age, but I always forget how old you are. But you can't blame me, I was 32 for two years once.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

hey mel, you are such a doll and when i describe you to others as to who you are, i tell people you are her lana. if you knew me, and you knew my lana you would understand because she is a devoted lifelong friend just like you are.
so to my bri
happy birthday baby bri who has grown into my bff from a tiny 7 lb 12 oz miracle, i as her momma am proud as heck of her. she's like the squirrel she and i saw in my back yard once, knows how to hold on by one nail. (she will throw her head back and laugh at this one)
this girl goes about life doing good and i'm amazed by her grace. hope your day has been AWESOME!
love you gurl

Heather said...

oh you know i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove
u.

skcoe said...

Halt.

I commented on this post.

And it was VERY LONG-WINDED.

Stupid iPad. Never lets me post comments on Feedly.

Stupid app.

Stupid Feedly.

To summarize, I'm sure it was something along the lines of YAAAF, IWTBYWIGU, GYLG

I wrote that in text talk for YOU.

(You are amazing and fabulous, I want to be you when I grow up, Girl...you look GOOD.)

It was much more sentimental than that, but the moment has passed. I love you Brizeph!