this summer i found this calendar frame, cut chalkboard to fit it, painted it, added the cute crystal knob and hung it up in my kitchen. sometimes i write notes to the kids, leave chores, etc. but yesterday morning i came downstairs and found this:
before i could blog about it, this morning brady added his two cents and burke had added to it again.
i just wanted a chalkboard in my kitchen to remind me and my family of things we might forget. like we still need milk or we are actually having spaghetti for dinner tonight so put the captain crunch away. today i realized my family is creating yet another tradition, memory and place in our home that i will treasure long after they are gone and when they come home to visit we will pick up right where we left off like they never left. sniff.
i love how brady writes in ALL CAPS like he is always screaming because he really never yells unless he is joking. i have always loved that about him.
i love how burke is artistic and uses a heart for her o's, staggers her words with long, lengthy L's and uses a dash before she signs her name.
and i love that braden started it all.
7 comments:
:)
Those kids are my world favorites. Love it!i
Oh please tell your kids to come do FHE for my kiddos! #youhavedonesomethingright
Love
Love
Love
LOVE.
That would look so much cuter with lengthy L's and hearts for O's. :) Love those kids of yours, even the big guy.
YOU ARE BACK!!!! I missed you. I was worried about you. I'm so glad you are back! and your bangs are fab.
I have MISSED you too! .. I wonder if we will EVER see each this side of heaven.. again ..
I am living life a second time .. LOL If only I could re-wind .. sometime I think I wouldn't mind but I love.. being a mother even if in disguise as a Gram-Me .. I just wish I could learn how to lighten up!
I Love you sister Friend!
The chalkboard is a brilliant idea. All these years I've just been letting my kids just use the walls.
Post a Comment