Thursday, July 9, 2009

my new little friend

yo, i'm a ssssssnake.

AND i ussssssed to live here in thesssssse lovely weedssssss.

until you did thissssss

now, excusssssse me while i sssssslither

back home

for now.

yesterday the kids were out playing when berkeley came bolting through the back door screaming, "mom, come see! you're never going to believe this!" so, the entire family headed outside with the camera in hand and this was what we found. apparently this little guy has been living in my weeds. i was actually thrilled to meet him. apparently he is the reason i have not had the same mice problem my neighbor has had! he needs a name. any ideas?

6 comments:

melanie33 said...

Wow he is huge! a lot bigger than i imagined when berk was telling hailey all about it. you need to name him Boa (keep in line with the b theme)
he's your little hero with the mice. I would take one snake any day over a field of mice.

briana said...

seriously! i was going to put a discaimer that it had to be a "b" name, and my next thought was bo, to be short for boa! and that is exactly my point, one snake over a field of mice! let's just hope he isn't a vegetarian!

Sarah said...

EEEEW!! Huge is an understatement! If I saw one of those in my backyard, I would have weird dreams about snakes slithering into my bed. Uckk!
I'm happy your happy about it though :)

Shirley said...

thisssssssssss isssssssssss an excellent reason to mow
HOLY SAAAAANAAAAAAAAKEsssssssssssss

Jennifer said...

Holy buckets! That is huge. I think you should name him Toby. "Here Toby!" he he

P.s thanks for the love on my blog. I love it! I totally owe you lots of comments

Heather said...

i hate snakes....... that pictures freaks me out!!!!!!!
see ya on tuesday!!!!!!!! :)