Wednesday, September 12, 2012

the eye of the storm

i have a lot to say and no time to say it.  this has been my story for sometime now.

like many, i am a mother, wife, primary president, employee, hoa board member, blah, blah, blah, blah.  and somewhere along the way, life has come at me like a hurricane.  of everything i have lost, i miss time the most.  there are just not enough hours in a day.  

so, in order to survive, i have given up many things in my life in order to make time for my new demands. some of the things i have set aside really brought me joy.  

and this journey needs joy.

so i have started to re-prioritize and make changes...like blogging for one.  and the more i do the things i love, the more things are beginning to clear.

so i am making changes in an attempt to find balance.  and it feels right.  i am certain i am in the eye of the storm.  and the rest of the storm is just waiting on the other side for my passing.

but i am ready to "learn to dance in the rain instead of waiting for the storm to pass."

i know you feel me. 

5 comments:

Shirley Crowley said...

Have you ever wondered why they call those storms a hurrIcane?
I ImagIne It's because callIng It a "her-Icane" makes perfect sense. as
women I thInk we InternalIze storms much dIfferently than our male
counterparts do.

The storms of lIfe we encounter as women vary wIth age accompanIed wIth
many other factors. But one thIng Is certaIn, none of us escape beIng
caught up In them over lIfe's journey.

Each storm Is dIfferent. Some are bIg (raIn) tear producers. Some make
a lot of noIse wIth wInd and even destroy others along the path and
even keep us from sleepIng. StIll others are large and powerful causIng
all to stop In awe. Storms are measured. Some that we antIcIpate wIll
become herIcanes never materIalIze, they are only tropIcal storms.
BecomIng a category 5 storm, the worst of storms, Is rare, and quIte
frankly that's a good thIng, because everyone dreads a Cat 5.
Many tImes we are blIndsIded and never see the storm comIng. Others we
sense or see the forecast and know Its headed straIght for us.
No matter what the sIze, we must make ready for the storm surge. We can
prepare for any by beIng spIrItually, physIcally, and materIally ready,
even for the ones that catch us completely off guard. It can cause
panIc because we've never experIenced thIs before, however, It can be
buffered by our personal preparatIon. SometImes we wake up and realIze
just how far off course that tropIcal depressIon has blown us. Sneaky
lIttle storm...
YOU my daughter have dIscovered the secret to stayIng along your
Intended dIrectIon. You "rIght your course" when blown off your path.
To recognIze thIs In the mIdst of the raIn Is a gIft. KeepIng a balance
and makIng tIme and recognIzIng thIngs that make you happy wIll make It
easIer when you are on what we call the dIrty sIde of the storm.
It Is smart to use the tIme when you are In the eye of the storm to
gather your strength, batten your hatches! TrIm your saIls and keep
your eye on what Is Important to you. As you move from the calm of the
eye to the other sIde of the storm you wIll be able to hold on to your
hat, and grIp your bar of strength to hang on untIl the storm passes
because you have a plan of actIon and are movIng away from the storm.
All I really needed to say here Is... What I've been sayIng all your
lIfe
YOU GO GIRL! Love mom

Lisa said...

All I can say is AMEN! These are my thoughts exactly.

Brandee G. said...

I hope that dinner with me is one of your plans for the near future. I miss you...a lot.

skcoe said...

Oh, I feel you.

It always makes my heart hurt when I'm so busy with important things that I don't get to enjoy OTHER important things, the ones that make me laugh and giggle and breathe and detox.

So take life...one day at a time...and make sure to enjoy it along the way.

I love you friend!

melanie33 said...

I know there are not enough hours in the day to do all that you want and I know you always put everyone else first. I am glad to know you are doing something for you. Even if its this one little thing. You deserve so much more!