Wednesday, October 10, 2012

spreading joy





 
Briana and Brady,

I just wanted to give you a quick update about how well Brooklyn is doing. She has adjusted well to transitions and routines.

One of the things I see that she needs some extra work on is cutting. She has difficulty with holding the scissors correctly and using her left hand to hold the paper. If you are ok with having my aide spend some time each day to practice cutting, I would like her to do so. You can also practice this at home by drawing lines on a paper and cutting simple, straight, curve, and zig zag lines.

I feel so fortunate to have her in my class. She just brings joy to my day. She is so full of life and ready to learn. 

Oh, and she keeps telling me that I need to see her mom, she has new bangs and looks so cute! :)

Thank you,
Mrs. Jeppson

3 comments:

skcoe said...

I wish that all teachers understood the power of a simple note home. We worry as mothers so much when we send our children to school that they are getting the love and care they need, and that someone notices their strengths!

I'm happy to hear that Brooklyn is doing so well in class. Mrs. Jeppson is heaven-sent!

Amy said...

Oh that girl! She melts my heart.

Heather said...

garrett cant cut either!!!;) i want to see your bangs too! she is an ispiration to me!!!!!
xoxo