Monday, April 20, 2009

better a broken board



better a broken birdhouse board than . . . a broken arm.

the reality is, it could have been both. heaven knows i need another medical bill. even after the board, bearings, wheels, trucks and heck throw in the "skate shoes", i am still better off writing a check to zumiez over ihc. though a tragedy to one ~ it has actually not been all that bad for me. because every unwanted, unassigned chore in this house now has a price tag; thanks to this unfortunate event. truth be known, i am seriously contemplating intentional toy breakage of prized possessions around the house for all other unmotivated mess makers.

then when they ask, "who knows what happened to my ds?"

i can simply respond with a shrug of the shoulder . . . "not me, but i sure know what you can do to earn a new one!"

if i had a money tree, it could totally be worth it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

lol!
that made me smile. And not because I enjoy the sufferings of others
but because I totally remember doing the crappy jobs around the house when there was something I REALLY wanted.
... and you've got Mom Power.

melanie33 said...

totally glad there was no broken bones or xrays involved in the incident... i mean for real. i think you have had you share for the next few years.


i think i just jinxed you by saying that.

Jennifer said...

Hi Bri, yes, I'm ok...and Alive! I've just been so busy it's so stupid! I just feel like I can never catch up. Especially with the house cleaning, organizing, and blogging. I yearn to simplify my life but for some reason I have an opposite effect going on. The most important thing for me is to not abandon the kids. But I need a break, I'm getting exhuasted! Phew! Well, ya, that's how I'm doing. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for you comments to keep me going! Loves!