Saturday, April 4, 2009

everyday miracles

last night i made a salad for dinner. i had brooklyn up on the counter "helping" me. as i poured the lettuce into the bowl, she looked up at me to say "i want some leaves."

the thing is, she has books with trees, but i don't remember pointing out any leaves. and since our yard consists of dirt, weeds and rock at the moment . . . there are no leaves to discover outside.

it may not make sense to you why wanting leaves forced me to scoop her up in my arms and kiss her sweet, little face. but if you understood the anatomy and physiology behind her diagnosis, it would make perfect sense. everyday of my life with her is filled with moments like these. and although the doctors can't make sense of her and her progress. my joy comes from the world making sense to her.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

Jennifer said...

I love that..

a said...

That's awesome, I love it!

melanie33 said...

love the progress... for you and her. salad for dinner? we best be talking!

Brady said...

Oh thank heaven for little girls! If you know Brooke You know what I mean. XOXOXO
B

Family Days said...

So cute! Your blog is awesome! The Schofield's were in our ward when we lived in Lehi! How do you know them? Such a small world!