Wednesday, December 10, 2008

her words


as most of you know, we have been sigining with brooklyn since she was an infant. her signing vocabulary has reached well over 150 words. however, lately i have been concerned with her lack of signing. i can't describe what it feels like to have a child master a skill only to turn and lose it overnight. we have experienced this before as brooklyn learned to walk. and so, her lack of signing has burdened my mind and heart. but, today while i was on the computer, brooklyn came up behind me and said ".com" and i turned to her and asked her what she said and she repeated ".com!" and in that moment i felt peace and reassurance.

and although she may lose her signs, i know she will find the words to replace them.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Im lovin the whole .com thing. Too cute.

Heather said...

xoxo
thanks so much for tonight.... i needed it! you can make me feel a whole lot better.
Transformers here i come!!! ;)
you have a miracle on your hands & she will always be that miracle... time & patience right!!! :)
that or prozac!!!!!!

luv u ;)

melanie33 said...

.com? That is so cute. And she is doing awesome. Her vocabulary is amazing! I bet her words far outnumber 150 now, so signing, schmining...:)

Jen said...

Ah, that is so sweet! Way to keep heart.
I have a friend whose little boy was born a week or 2 before my Maisie and he won't live beyond his teens - they get to watch him learn things, then lose what he learned as he digresses. That's the hardest thing to do!

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

Lean not on your own.. understanding but in all your ways .. acknowledge Him.. Amen! .. We can never understand.. the Why's and how comes.. But we can Always depend on Him.. I hope to get to meet your little one .. one day .. to see your miracle... in the making.. Love you.. LisaMe!

Zoe said...

That is cool. What a great thing for a child that young to say!! LOL!

Did you know that I know ASL - I sign for a deaf girl in our ward . . . though I am not certified. How great that you guys sign too!