Friday, December 5, 2008

the love of a papa

when i look at him with her, i imagine myself in his arms 32 years ago. before his hair was white, his skin was wrinkled and his eyes were bad. and my heart swells with the love for family. generation after generation. one "pea pie" to the next. there is a connection between them that i cannot put into words. she is simply drawn to him.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

While I wipe a tear away, (sniff). That is the most priceless picture.

Jen R. said...

this was beautiful. I feel the same way when I see my little girl with my dad.

Val said...

What a great picture! I am loving seeing me own dad being a grandfather for the first time. Such precious moments these are in life.

Heidi P said...

That is so sweet...Time goes so fast.

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

Priceless.. for sure.. Life on hold.. for a moment.. If only we could bottle it up.. and taste it again and again...

Heather said...

xoxo

love you...