Friday, December 19, 2008

my wish for you . . .

this holiday, like many passed, i have a never ending list of things i want to get done before christmas. i start early. i plan. i organize. but no matter how hard i try, it seems there is never enough time. and i find i fall short and i simply cannot get it all done. i rush to and from and my mind is constantly occupied with thoughts of what to do next before i have even finished the task at hand. it is the very thing i struggle with every single year. and the closer i get to christmas, the more stressed out and upset i become. these feelings of disappointment manage to rob me of the very feelings i am chasing after.

i recognized that i need to live in the moment. many of the things i think i need i actually want. and most of the things i want are just that things. i realized that if i do the things i need, the feelings that i long for of christmas will come. most of it doesn't really matter. like whether my gifts are bought or homemade, whether i read a christmas book every night, or whether i manage to complete a christmas activity every single day, or make our christmas cards, wrapping paper, ornaments, cookies etc. . . i know that in a week from now christmas carols will no longer be playing on the radio, christmas lights will no longer light up my neighbors homes, and our christmas stockings will be packed away until next year. meaning, if i don't choose to live in the moment, the moments will pass me by.

my only hope is that i will recognize my wants from my needs earlier next year so that i can make the christmas holiday what it was intended to be.

peaceful. simple. holy.

my christmas wish for you is that you too can live in the moment. that your holiday is filled with the peace that only Christ can bring. the simplicity that comes when you put Christ first and the holiness that follows.

merry christmas.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

ok, so I had the bridal shower last night and we totally used our cocomotions!!!

melanie33 said...

i think you may feel a little stressed and like you can't get anything done, because you are always helping other people get their stuff done like birthday parties for their daughter. I say, next year just cut off your friends and you will be surprised at the time you have without all those leech like friends you have.

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

Picking and choosing what to do.. and what to let go of is not easy.. Learning to say no is a good thing.. Especially if we learn to say No to ourselves.. for getting to busy and entangled in things.. lol .. this morning I am hurrying to get things done.. to go out of town..lol .. like I had time to stop and read and write blogs.. lol .. My choice.. I did not say No.. lol Got to let the hurry go ...Merry Christmas wishes Hugs and Kisses ..Love LisaMe!
Ps.. I think it is funny I am rushing around bathing cats.. to bring with me.. they are being declawed and fixed.. so we are having Cats without claws for Christmas.. my word verification is catco.. is that a sign or what

Jen said...

What a perfect Christmas wish. Thank you! You said it so well and I hope I get to feel some of that this year since I had to get everything done early and will be having a baby in less than 24 hours...aaaagh!!!

Heidi P said...

Hmmm, sounds like you need a massage :)