Sunday, January 4, 2009

living in the past

once again, we are home from visiting family. over the last two months we have seen my family twice, brady's family once, and driven over 3000 miles to do so! before i even begin thinking about the fact that it is now 2009 . . . i have a van to unpack, laundry, christmas lights to take down, a party to plan, birthday cards to mail, grocery shopping, and pictures to share! (just to name a few) because the stinking new year came while i wasn't looking and i just know as i am writing the date, i will remember that everywhere else in the world it is already 2009, only by then it will be too late! my 8 will be fully formed. and my point is, i am not ready yet. so, in my world, i will still be operating like. it's. 2008. period.

6 comments:

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

LOL .. I hear you my sister friend.. I was at the gate.. waiting for 2009 to arrive.. waiting for all the New things in 2009 .. praying they will be more clearly defined.. so walking through that gate of 2008 was a little easier for me.. I did not have a Brady and Bunch to go with me..
Much love to you All!
Hope to see you in the New Year ..
Your sister friend.. LisaMe!

melanie33 said...

and a friend to call... and a birthday coming... and... oh i could go on!!!

Jennifer said...

Pha ha! Awesome! Ya my Bri is back!! I'm so happy!

Heidi P said...

Man, your back? I thought you moved. Geez, stick around will ya?

Jen said...

It always takes me a few weeks to settle into a new year (often longer :) Just writing the right year on checks is a big thing! Welcome home! That's great you got to see your families! When's your birthday?

briana said...

january 12th!