Friday, January 23, 2009

an update

i have chosen to abandon:

1. my blog (SHOCKER.)
2. working out (double SHOCKER.)
3. pedicures (my skin is a bit ashy!)
4. reading (who's stephanie meyer?)
5. bubble baths (sorry for the mental image!)
6. scrapbooking (for myself instead of everyone else.)
7. writing (something other than a check to rocky mountain power.)
8. cooking (anything that doesn't go into the microwave!)
9. dating (renting a movie and staying home doesn't count.)
10. printing pics (digital does have a down side!)
11. me time (that involves adult conversation.)
12. wearing my hair down (my apologies to my hats and hairties.)
13. makeup (chapstick doesn't count right?)
14. some spiritual things (thank goodness for the atonement)

i have been somewhat busy lately. with nothing in particular, just life in general. i have neglected some things more than others. and it has me thinking alot about balance. making choices. prioritizing. and what's really important. i have contemplated giving up a few things to make room for others. this blog being one of them. for now, the jury is still out.

9 comments:

melanie33 said...

although i understand the need for balance, seeing as how my life is incredibly out of balance... i will hurt you if you abandon le blog.
just abandon the house a little you perfectionist. no one really cares if your closets are the prettiest around! and you no longer need to go to a million stores to get new things for that new home, cause you got them now! there; problem solved. now keep blogging chick.

This is Me .. LisaMe! said...

I totally understand.. I write and I write.. sometimes for days at a time.. and then.. It may be months before I get started again.. But I always do write again... I will miss you while you are away .. Hope it is not another 5 yrs.. lol ... Call me somtime .. Love LisaMe!

Jen R. said...

I seriously feel you on this one....one being this blog entry...multiple being your list. I am so there too.

Lisa said...

I'm with you on this one. I need to find some balance in my life. If you figure it out, let me know.

Jen said...

nobody can do everything. we all feel a little short when it comes to doing what we think we should. just do what's important (i'm talking mostly to myself, here!)

Heidi P said...

I agree with you. Finding balance seems so hard right now. Don't give up your ME time, is my advice. Even 10 minutes a day will help bring everything back into its place.
Come get your massage! It will help get rid of being so hard on yourself. You are wonderful, and do so many wonderful things. The Lord knows your heart. Hang in there. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Get some sun too! I swear this bitter cold doesn't help us with motivation. (I went tanning last week, it was great to be totally hot, and surrounded by light!) :)
*HUGs*
PS-Bay was so cute a mutual tonight.

Heather said...

can i copy & paste your post...

missin you.

Shirley said...

As long as I get the commute call I will survive......you will regret leaving your thoughts though, I do. love mims


oh and note to "your" self...."they" say......
M O D E R A T I O N in all things. When I find out who "they" are I'll let you know.

Jennifer said...

Hi, just thinking about you.