Wednesday, October 28, 2009

perfectly imperfect

i make mistakes. all of the time. but if you know me, then you know that i am a perfectionist. no matter what i try to do, i always try to make it perfect. and if i can't do it perfectly, then i usually choose not to do it at all. sadly, i realize that this has kept me from doing new things. but more importantly, i realize that no matter how hard i try, i will never be perfect.

"the thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." ~unknown

i will live by this. starting today.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

People don't really realize how frustrating it is to be a perfectionist. :) It's good to be back!

Sarah said...

I agree, you are a perfectionist. Everything you do seems perfect :)
Seriously.
Good luck trying new things.

Val said...

I love that you blog about things like this. I love you and think you are too hard on yourself. You are an amazing women who has so many talents. I love that saying!!!

melanie33 said...

that is good, now maybe we can finish some projects! lol, that is if i could make a decision on which one to start right?

Brandee G. said...

I wish I was more of a perfectionist when it came to keeping house...LOL...good advice to live by, though. Just gotta take things one day at time! xo xo

Heather said...

wow. we could be sisters. i am so like that too. thanks for the new goal!!!! :)

xoxo.

nikol said...

I'm really learnig this concept too. It's crazy how many things i miss out on "by not doing it at all" that's an awesome quote, but just remember being a perfectionist IS you, and that's ok. ;)