it is raining outside. i love the rain. but it makes me miss home. my home in the south. the place i grew up. where people wave to you when they are leaving the neighborhood whether they know you or not. where complete strangers talk to you while you are pumping gas. and where the woman with a basket full of groceries lets you go ahead of her at the grocery store because you only have one loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.
brady has always questioned why i call the south home because he, the kids, and our house are here in utah. but i believe that "home is where the heart is." and my heart is in more than one place. it is both here and there. we have lived many places in our 15 years of marriage. although each place lived has enriched my life in some way, there are places that i would never call home. simply because it is about the memories. and the stories. not just the brick and mortar.
9 comments:
Utah will always be my home!
because it is where you grew up! glad i am not the only one. :)
people talk to you here while you are pumping gas... they just may be psychotic people, but they do talk.
for what it's worth... i hope you never live in the south again.
I always love the rain too. There is something about how it cleanses everything. The smell is so nostalgic for me too.
Utah aint so bad
I can imagine it is nice down there. Wherever you are it is nice. I am sad you miss it, but so glad you are close to us. We love you here. I told Mel today we need to get a girls night on the calendar asap :) Miss you
I hope you never move away! I know what you mean, I know I've only lived in 3 houses that are all within 2 miles of each other my whole life, but my mom's house will always be home. I'll walk in there, and it's like deja vu, I'll instantly think of coming from school on a fall day, or getting ready for the holidays, or the party I had while they were out of town...LOL :)
because of the craziness of my family i don't have that childhood 'home' but i know what you are talking about. i miss it sometimes....but am so glad that my kids will have a 'home' here because i think it's important to have. even when you're a grown-up you need the security you feel there.
whoa that was all a little heavy for me.;D
see i have a serious side too...not just a rockin in the bus side!:D
utah will always be my "home" too!
maybe you could move to the PNW cause i would love to talk with you!!!
xoxo
To all of the friends you have.. there: Hug .. her once for me .. I live in the south close to where she calls home .. I am finally back... after living 800 miles away ... NOTHING could ever move me away again ... I so miss my friend ... Now I am only 90 minutes away .. sometimes.. that feels like forever .. I love you! My dearest sister friend ... Oh I love the new hair ... it is how I remember you ..lol There is no place like home .... And yes.. it is so true... Home is where your heart is at ..
Hope to see you.... sometime soon... so hard to believe .. it has been so many years ... lol
Post a Comment