Friday, October 30, 2009

jaime.

i went to hallmark to buy my sister a birthday card. i always know i have found the right one when i don't have to read anymore. so, i paid for the card and brought it home. long story short, i realized after i got it home that jaime had bought me the very same card for my birthday before. i almost took it back to pick out another, but decided not to. apparently, she is to me what i am to her. no wonder we are sisters.


she's the one
you've known forever.
the one you go to
for honest advice
and genuine support.
the one who accepts
your quirky little habits
and understands you
in a way few others can.
she's the one
you can call at any hour-
to laugh or cry or complain . . .
the one whose voice has been there all along,
sharing secrets and dreams
and singing your song when
you needed to hear it most.
she's the one
who can read your mind,
hear your heart,
and love you just the way you are.
she's your lifelong friend . . .
but so much more.
she's your sister.

happy birthday to my sister. my friend.

8 comments:

Brandee G. said...

I love Jaime! Happy Birthday! You two are so lucky to have each other! I'd give anything for a sister like that! But I've got the next best thing...you for a BFF! Love you lots! And Jaime, you only have two months to get out here to visit! You promised by the end of the year :)

Jennifer said...

Awe, Jamie is so beautiful. I miss her. :)

Chief said...

Happy Birthday cute sister!

Val said...

I am crying right now:( I am so happy for you that you have such a wonderful sister. Hopefully one day my sister will come back to planet earth and be resonable. Happy Birthday Jaime!!! You are one of the funnest people to be around that I have ever met. Love ya!

Marci said...

she's beautiful and i love, love, love that poem.

Heather said...

so beautiful i admire her & i don't even know her.

loves.

Jen said...

Did you write that, or is that from the card? So beautiful! Thank goodness for wonderful sisters (and in-laws :)

nikol said...

All I can say is how proud and lucky I am to have you both as sisters and friends!! ;) and I have to say I'm glad even the baby has now entered the 30's club. HHHHAAHAAAA...