we have all been sick. really sick. like throwing up off and on for 7 weeks. no i am not pregnant. and after numerous copays, stool samples, blood tests, and a ct scan . . . we are finally being treated for giardia. aside from that, i really can't talk about it anymore.
then last week, i bought stock in the night time, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine for a monstrous sinus infection that attacked both brady and i at the same time. after two more copays, i came home with 2 pills, 3 times a day, for 14 days. 168 antibiotic pills to be exact for the two of us.
after filling our prescriptions, i was feeling really positive. especailly after receiving a much anticipated diagnosis for what appeared to be a never ending stomach flu. i could see the light at the end of the tunnel. that is up until last night when baylor came to me shivering. i took his temperature. it read 102.5.
the thing is, brady leaves tomorrow, for the rest of the week. i will be all alone. i was thinking about what that means. wrestling brooklyn just to give her medicine. packing school lunches. getting kids off to school. working fulltime. football. baths. homework. dinner. stories. bed. the list goes on. and just when i was starting to feel sorry for myself, i thought of my baby sister. 1800 miles away. a single mother of 5. all alone. wrestling her own kids. packing lunches. getting kids off to school. working fulltime. baths. homework. dinner. stories. bed.
jaime and i talk often. daily as a matter of fact. somedays are better than others. on the days filled with challenges, i am quick to remind her that she will get through this time. day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, or second by second. whatever it takes. but most importantly, that she is not alone. nate might not be there, but Heavenly Father is.
the thing is, brady leaves tomorrow, for the rest of the week. i will be all alone. i was thinking about what that means. wrestling brooklyn just to give her medicine. packing school lunches. getting kids off to school. working fulltime. football. baths. homework. dinner. stories. bed. the list goes on. and just when i was starting to feel sorry for myself, i thought of my baby sister. 1800 miles away. a single mother of 5. all alone. wrestling her own kids. packing lunches. getting kids off to school. working fulltime. baths. homework. dinner. stories. bed.
jaime and i talk often. daily as a matter of fact. somedays are better than others. on the days filled with challenges, i am quick to remind her that she will get through this time. day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, or second by second. whatever it takes. but most importantly, that she is not alone. nate might not be there, but Heavenly Father is.
today, i need to remember my own words of encouragement.
5 comments:
Sniff! I Love You! Sniff!
That's it! I just need to move to the UC! We could help each other out :) I feel like a single mom the majority of the time because Drew and I are ships passing in the night with our opposite shifts. Jaime better get her butt out her to visit, cuz I sure miss her, and we will DEFINITELY need to have our girl's night when Brady gets back, you're gonna need it more than ever! I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis and are being treated. I hope everyone makes a very quick and speedy recovery! I'm always here to talk, and even willing to take a little road trip if you needed me! Love ya, Bri! xo xo xo
now is the time you let them all stay home from school. that means no having to make lunches.
no scool means no bed time,
let them skip the bath for a few days too.
let them stay in their jammies all day so there is no getting them dressed.
order pizza every night so you dont have to cook or drive...
and take an extended leave from work!!
if only...
I like Mel's idea. Sorry that my phone dropped you on Saturday and then I couldn't talk. I really hope that you all get better soon, and are able to stay healthly for awhile. I am worried about this winter! Your an amazing women, wife, friend, mother, employee, I know you can survive without your man. But it's never easy or fun:(
Good luck, I'll be thinking of you:)
ditto to everyone. sniff. cause i feel for you. sniff again cause i wish i could be there to help & laughter cause what mel said is so true. i mean when it rains it pours. i heart you. i admire you. you are strong. min. by min.....
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
Post a Comment