Wednesday, August 6, 2008

5 going on 15

today was your first day of kindergarten. you are my third child and you would think by now that I would leave with a dry eye. i did not. it was like you went to sleep 5 and woke up 15. looking at you is like looking in a mirror. it is so interesting to me how two people in the same situation can share such opposite emotions. your unstifled excitement, and my breaking heart. ~ you trying ever so hard to get to age 6, and me desparately trying to keep you age 5.

note to self: your little girl is not so little anymore.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your kids are so cute! I fixed the link on my blog. sorry it wasn't working.

melanie33 said...

Hannah Montana shirt and all... Oh man we are so in for it in about 10 years. Scary, very scary.

Lisa said...

She is beautiful and does look older than 5!!! Wow maybe we should hold them back year. I sometimes wish I could. Lisa

Jen said...

She does look so grown up - what a cute girl!

Heather said...

she is so beautiful... she really does look like her mom & i mean that! I feel the same way.. look at my post! :)
I'm so sad to send Marlee off!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Bri! I felt like my blog was getting boring and I wanted to spice it up with something fun. Hopefully it will make you feel happy whenever you go there. ;)