a new daythe anniversary of your diagnoses has come and caused me to reflect. i remember the day so vividly. it was our 20 week ultrasound. the one that they measure every little thing to be sure that the baby is growing healthy and strong. you know, the one where you get to find out if you are having a boy or a girl. we had decided to let it be a suprise. but, after three pregnancies i knew that the tech was spending entirely too much time on your sweet little head. i remember looking over at daddy for reassurance only to be met with a puzzling look of confusion.
and then, the ultrasound tech kindly asking us to wait in the waiting room.
and then finding myself sitting in a leather chair behind a mahogany desk.
and then a muffling voice indicating that there was something desparately wrong.
i cannot describe the feeling i felt at that moment. i do know that having a broken heart is a real and physical thing. hand in hand, your dad and i left the hospital in silence. we literally did not speak a word. the tech had written on a piece of paper that you were a girl and had sealed it in an envelope in case we had a change of heart with what we were up against. i had an immediate need to know as much as i could about you and your condition. in my journey i have learned and continue to learn many things. one of those is that although your mortal body may not be whole, your spirit is. and so i have decided to share my story of you and our experiences and life now as we know it. because i have been given much, i too must give.
brooklyn's blog to come.
8 comments:
you love to make me cry don't you... what a special little girl.. & a v e r y special mom.
You are amazing. i hope everything continues to be a miracle for her.
love ya
XOXO
secretly i do. when you say that, it makes me feel like you get it. it's emotional.
That was so beautiful Bri. I was so excited to see "Brooklyn's blog to come." That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. You're so good with words and explaining your feelings. Something I wish I could do. You are simply amazing!
That really was so beautiful. I am so amazed by your miracle.
Hey Bri, thanks for leaving a comment! I was so excited and was glad that you were the first one. Especially because I didn't have the code correct. So, if you don't mind, I fixed it. You'll have to recopy the code again. I'm dumb. 8D
You really are amazing with words. It makes me feel like I can feel what you are feeling, even though I know I can't... does that make sense?
I love the pic of Brookly
and that song too!
I bet your morning has been better than my morning. ;)
Here I sit the morning after.. I began reading this blog.. and can not believe what I see.. A Beautiful Miracle sitting in front of me.. Your little Brooklyn looks so perfect.. from what I can see.. It just goes to show us.. that God is truly in control of Everything!.. I have to go get dressed for church.. but will be back.. to finish .. catching up with your life.. what I have read so far.. explains some of why.. I have never forgotten about you.. and even prayed for you and Brady at times.. you know me.. so you know this is true.. I am so glad.. I re-connected to you!.. More later..Love LisaMe!
Post a Comment