****
you're a mountain man,
i'm a beach bum
i'm a beach bum
****
you're a mint guy,
i'm a gum girl
i'm a gum girl
****
you like it in a can,
i need it over ice
i need it over ice
****
you prefer marinara,
i'll have alfredo
i'll have alfredo
****
you're always hot,
i'm always cold
i'm always cold
****
you're a lover,
i'm a fighter
****
you're always wrong,
i'm always right
****
you reach for sweets,
pass me the salty
****
you're utahn,
i'm texan
****
you're old,
i'm young
****
i'm a little bit country,
your a little bit rock and roll.
****
your a little bit rock and roll.
****
when i was born, you headed to your first full day of school.
when i turned two, you were getting baptized.
when i started kindergarten, you were passing the sacrament.
when i was nine, you started driving a car.
when i was ten, you started dating.
when i was in the 6th grade, you were going to the senior prom.
when i was twelve, you moved out on your own.
when i graduated high school, you were 1/4 of a century.
the years may set us apart making our friends different ages and our love for music and movies very different. i mean, your parents could be my grandparents . . . but at the end of the day we share the same hopes. dreams. fears. beliefs. wants. and needs. that is what really matters.
you're my up when i'm down.
****
you're my good when there's bad.
****
you're my strong when i'm weak
****
you're my calm in the storm
and i love all 40 years of you.
and i love all 40 years of you.
~b.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Brady! I hope it's a memoriable one for you :)
Great tribute to Brady. He IS Father/husband of the century after all...
But 40 years? I totally keep forgetting that last b DAY was THE BIG ONE...
why did we not throw a ginormous surprise party???
I guess there is always 41... :)
You are an absolutely amazing writer - you captured such love and admiration in what you wrote. I hope he had a great birthday.
that is the sweetest thing ever. he is also so lucky to have you. hope he has the greatest b.day ever!!!
xoxo
I love you! You are the reason I get out of bed in the morning. I ask myself why you married me(Charity). You have the gift of verse. You have convinced people that my birthday was yesterday without even saying it.(I turned the big four-O in January but thanks for all the well-wishing) You need to write a book or something. You have a fabulous way of putting your feelings and thoughts out there in a way that people fully relate. Most men call their wife their better half. . . you are more like my better 99%. XOXOXOXO
I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am
The luckiest
What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?
And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know
That I am
The luckiest
I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you
Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away
I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know
That I am
The luckiest
-Ben Folds-
Bri, you have such a way with words! I think I'm getting a cavity at the sweetness, though, just kidding, you guys rock!!!
Post a Comment