braden: which defies the laws of physics more?
a bumblebee or a little person.
me: a bumblebee.
braden: how do you know?
me: cause i watched the BEE movie.
braden: good point.
WHEW! there are moments in motherhood when i am sure you will ask me something that i won't know the answer to. the reality is, you are smarter than i will ever be. i am supposed to be teaching you. afterall, i am the adult. but you use words i might have heard once in a spelling bee. you are a well of information. you stretch my mind and push my knowledge. you keep me on my toes and push me to learn new things. i love that you question the world around you instead of just accepting things as they are. i know the day will come when i won't have all the answers, but thanks to dreamworks, today wasn't that day.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light , not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of god. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make and manifest the glory of god that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~Marianne Williamson
braden, your presence liberates me.
4 comments:
You make me cry when you write posts to your kids! You are such an amazing mom, and I love you and look up to you so much! I want to be as good a mom as you!!!! I wish I could write like you, too, you're my hero!! I can't wait to see you and all of your babes this afternoon!!!
brandee, it is a little scary up here on this pedestal. thank you, but i am sure you have me confused with someone else.
I love it! I worry I won't know everything my kids ask me about, but I guess I can teach them to look it up when I don't know :)
I love it! I worry I won't know everything my kids ask me about, but I guess I can teach them to look it up when I don't know :)
Post a Comment