Monday, June 9, 2008

faith of a child



apparently it's time to buy stock in ibuprofen. i didn't realize it was possible to go through so much medicine in so little time. the kids have all had fevers and horrible coughs. leave it to braden to put a smile on my face.

braden: everybody pray for me! (in his pitiful dying voice)

me: what for? (trying not to smile)

braden: that i don't cough my guts up! (as in duh mom)

me: i got you covered. (smiling)

braden: i'm serious mom!

i love that.

7 comments:

Heather said...

poor thing... I love when they say they have a stomach ache but, then can go have a bowl of ice cream all of a sudden!! :) Hope he feels better! ;)

Jennifer said...

I hope my kis will say really cute stuff like that. That's so sweet. It's not fun being sick.

Jennifer said...

Sorry I can't spell. I demand that email now! Just kidding. Take your time. You're so sweet.

Jen said...

Oh to be young again and not know why your body is doing what it's doing - have you ever read the kids book, "Parts"? Hilarious!

I hope your family makes it through the sicknesses without any guts coming out :)

Jen said...

Btw, that picture totally makes me think of "Lord of the Flies". I hate the book, but the pic is cool - like, "I'm independent. I can do what I want." Maybe not what you want to hear....but a neat picture!

melanie33 said...

Funny... I worked out this morning and felt the exact same way. I really was wondering whether you really could cough some kind of organ out.

Sarah said...

I can totally remember having that exact same conversation with Cody when I was pregnant. Pathetic, huh?!

May his guts stay in place!!