Wednesday, July 9, 2008

one down many more to go

the day before bay's birthday, you lost your first tooth! i can't believe how fast you are growing up! one day you mentioned that your tooth was loose... i just passed it off because braden has been losing teeth like crazy and i thought you wanted to have a loose tooth too. then a few weeks later, dad tells me that you stuck your finger under your tooth and just popped it out all proud and excited! when you mentioned it to braden, he wasn't up to sharing his little tooth treasure chest, (something about the tooth fairy getting confused if your tooth was in his box under your pillow).

so, i went out and found a silver tin for the two of us to decorate! you were so excited! you told me that it was big enough to hold all of your teeth! you even entertained the thought of holding them all in this little tin and cashing in all at once! i convinced you to slip it under your pillow that night!

oh, to be a kid again and feel the excitement that losing one tooth brings! and then, the thrill of a dollar or two.........ok 5. you make it all worth it! and i am so in love with your toothless little grin accompanied by your lisp! just know this, even after you lose all of your teeth and go on to kindergarten which eventually leads to high school and so on and so forth, you will always be my little girl!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Lokking into my grandchildren's faces is like reliving my child's youth..............Kate, you are your mother made over.
I love you and your toothless grin.
MMMMMMMaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Mimi

Heather said...

Bri, I'm still in town til JULY 30th!!! Let do a girls night out.. maybe next week!!!
Love the toothless cute girl! I won't show this post to Cayden cause he will be super jealous!
Lets talk soon!

Jennifer said...

Hello Bri! Sorry I haven't written you that email yet. Everyday that went by that I didn't post I would think of you. I kept thinking that if I didn't post that you wouldn't come to my blog anymore. Plus, I've been dying to blog. My stomach still hurts when I think of all the pictures I lost. Hope things are going well. I feel like I never hear anything that's going on anymore since Phil isn't working there anymore. I really miss you. Thanks for you comments! Love ya!

melanie33 said...

ok... now please don't mention to my kids how much cash the tooth fairy passes to your kids! They are thrilled with their dollar and I hope to keep it that way!