~bye-byes~
~bangs, braids, and bows~
~berkeley kate~
spending the morning with you was really no different than any other day. but i know time is waiting to undoubtedly erase many of the details that i wish to embed in my memory forever. your adorable unmatching pierced ears, your sunkissed freckled nose, your belly full of chocolate "melk" and "cheese quesadilla" (napolean style), the smell of my perfume on your wrists, my scrapbook ribbons tied to the ends of your hair, your poor dirty left hand that hasn't seen soap or water since your arm was casted, your baby teeth smile -2 bottom teeth, and your toe skinned hello kitty boots under sinched jeans that fall down even though the waist has been adjusted to maximum tightness. it all started with my wanting to take a picture of you riding your bike without training wheels. (it pains me somewhat to know that i didn't get to teach you how. i found daddy's wrench lying beside your training wheels in the garage and there you were, broken arm and all waving, "hey mom look what i can do!") you had managed to remove the training wheels on your own and off you rode without a single fall. but the point is: i look at you everyday. but this morning, i really looked at you.
what i see when i look at you?
confidence, the kind of confidence that knows no self consciousness. strength, the kind that can move mountains. determination, calm determination. beauty, the kind that radiates from within. me, the old me, the me i am desparately trying to recover. everyday, more and more i am trying to put on the brakes. i am fighting time. we all are. so, take a minute today, look at one of your kids, really look at them.
tell me what you see.
11 comments:
so sweet, so big... i cannot believe they keep on growing.
ps.. the big bad eagle? it's landed
Okay, I am crying..That was so cute!! She is so pretty...Life does go by so fast. Thanks for the reminder to slow it down! :)
she is precious... i love the braids. My mom did my hair like that when i was younger.. too bad i can't get away with it now!!
once again i love your house & i'm missin you!! We need another movie night way bad! :)
I can't get over how much she looks like her momma! She is adorable.
I already think time is flying with Lexi, but I can't imagine her being big enough to go to school on her own. Thats crazy!
Cute, cute pics! I love it!
What a great "ode to berkeley". She'll love it when she's older.
I came home to my cute little boy after being away from him for a week. I saw independence, stubborness, a teasing trickster, and joy. It's amazing what gifts and personalities these little ones come with.
Ello Govna! How are you doing? What cha been up too? Have you been able to do anything for yourself yet?
it would be the teacher that would follow directions! thanks jen, i really did want to know what you saw!
You don't know me, but that was beautiful! I feel the same way about my kids sometimes. Couldn't have said it better myself!
BTW, love the braids & bows!
Sooo big! Don't feel guilty, Sadie JUST learned to ride and she's 2 years older! Poor deprived child /:<
While reading this.. all I could think of is how much my Jamie and Jeremy have grown .. and now my Jamie has a child of her own...
when i look on you, your face, your mannerisms, your body language........................i look at a page in history,scenes of days gone by. you are your mommie made all over again!? a replica, i hope you bring your mommie as much joy as she has brought to me.
I wish all your friends could see the photos of you at this age Bri, then they'd see what I mean, but still they wouldn't know what I mean.
Post a Comment