after boarding up the windows and sinking the pool furniture to the bottom of the pool, my family weathered the storm. they are among the 2 million without power and may be without for up to a month. the water from the pool is overflowing. the wind is still blowing and the rain is still falling fast and hard. the storm is the biggest in a century spanning almost the size of the state. thanks to everyone who has had them in their thoughts.
8 comments:
I don't really know anyone directly affected by this storm and so its a little harder to remember them and what they are going through (unfortunately I can be very selfish). But knowing that you know people, family, who are affected helps me to be more aware and when I pray for them I feel i have a little more of a connection. Thank you! I know the prayers are needed.
Thank you so much for the update. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
i am praying for them too! I hope it passes them by without much incident. keep me posted.
i am praying for them too! I hope it passes them by without much incident. keep me posted.
What!!? YIKES Bri-- I had no idea your family is there. I have been watching a hardly slept last night thinking about everyone. I am glad to hear they are alright. I will keep them in my prayers too!
Hey Bri, I think I may suprise you again with a mystery phone call. Ha ha. I was just reminiscing about that. It's funny how much that was, for me at least. So have you been watching prison break? I've been wanting to talk to someone about it. ;)
Wow! I'm sure you've been SO worried. I hope Ike leaves soon so the danger will pass.
All these natural disasters makes me nervous for ours that is inevitably coming. Are we ready? I hope so!
Gustav.. then Ike.. it was truly a mess.. times like this is when i wish I did not live in Louisiana.. lol Gustav took our power for more than 5 days.. while Ike.. tried to drown us.. Stacey worked over 200 hrs in a 2 wk period..While I was left to fend for myself.. Not Fun.. lol
Post a Comment