Wednesday, May 21, 2008

my second love

braden, today you turn eight years old. at every birthday, a part of me aches that you are growing older and more independent. the other part of me is so proud of the little man you are becoming. from the moment i learned i was pregnant, i recognized that knowing you would change me not only as a mom, but as a person. to celebrate eight years here are eight things you have taught me:

1. always ask why
2. eat dessert first
3. live in the moment
4. if you're tired, sleep
5. don't take no for an answer
6. never take a bath without bubbles
7. pray for anything
8. never hide the way you feel

happy birthday cha cha cha! mommy loves you.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

What!?!?!? I don't think I can remember what I wrote. I have no brain anymore. Hummm.. Well I wanted to tell you that I really like what you learned from Braden. Those are so sweet. Happy Birthday Braden. By the way, I love the hair. :)

Jennifer said...

Oh ya, are you going to be up really late tonight? I am. I have to finish a quilt tonight. I thought I would have all day but the power went out this morning at 7 am and didn't come back on until 5 pm. Can you believe it? It's crazy. So now I'm trying to finish it. I think that's pretty much everything I said. Oh ya, and I hope you had a good day today Bri.

briana said...

ok, so we have since shaved it off! he had his baptismal interview with the bishop. it was fun while it lasted! so funny, i am on your blog while you are on mine! tee hee!

briana said...

ummmm, then why are you on the computer? lol get to work!

Jennifer said...

I know. I'll never finish at this rate. :) I had to take a break and have my daily "feel good" comments from you. Glad I got on when I did.

Jennifer said...

ah, this is so fun!

melanie33 said...

Happy birthday to braden! we tried to call but the phone just rang and rang. Strange. but happy bday to the big guy!
Oh and I just cannot WAIT to layout. So asap!

Heather said...

Oh, I love Birthdays! I can't even amagine mine turning 8!! :)
What a cute mom you are!

Jen said...

I love that you celebrate the important people in your life on your blog. You have such a way with words! When's Braden's big baptism day? Congrats to Braden!