Friday, May 9, 2008

that's my baylor


it seems like yesterday that i found out i was going to have a baby. a baby boy. i look at you now and can't believe you are almost 12. yet, you carry responsibility like a mature adult. you are mommy and daddy's right hand these days.
you never talk back.
you never make me ask twice.
you never say no.
and because of that, you will never know what that means to me.
you will always be my baby.
you will always be my friend.
you will always be my first love.
and because of that, you will always have a special corner of my heart.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

My daughter calls and suggests lunch at Scholtsky's. We pull into the parking lot and she hands me what looks like a pen.
You know when I experienced pregnancy the only way to "find out" was to go to the doc.
She acted like it was a gift, so I pulled it open right there! She laughed and said "NO MOM," look....
So she's telling me I am entering a new role and I don't even get it! We still laugh.
Did I know what was in store? No way!
Baylor, you were my first grandchild, did you ever throw fits? If you did I don't remember them. So, you started the grand chain of events to come.
When you speak, you speak with sincerity, when you laugh you light up the room, when you are quiet, you are in deep thought. Was there ever a more beautiful grandchild? No never. Your sense of humor delights me. Your boy stories intrigue me. You can't wait to pass me up in height! Just call me lucky cuz you love me too! So keep filling my heart with the joy you always have. Love Mimi