i have always prided myself on being different. maybe it all started with the fact that i don't know one single female with which i share my name.
yet in all my efforts to be different, i have come to realize how much we are all the same. my eyes have been opened to the realities we all face everyday. those realities bring on emotions that are not foreign to any one of us.
yet in all my efforts to be different, i have come to realize how much we are all the same. my eyes have been opened to the realities we all face everyday. those realities bring on emotions that are not foreign to any one of us.
so, to those of you who have shared your struggles and pains . . .
i get it. some of you, more than you will ever know.
come to think of it, . . . instead of trying so hard to be different, i will look to find how i am the same. and i am certain that i won't have to look very far.
9 comments:
I get you too...I always seem to learn the most when I have judged someone, and then 2 weeks later go through the same thing the person I judged went through. Duh, Heidi...
We all need to realize how much we are alike..Thanks for this post. :)
We need to hang out more.
ello chap! How ya doing? Phil flipped on the Christmas music today. Just for a little bit. Oh man, it got me really excited for some reason.
And don't you hate it when you have comments deleted? It just drives me up the wall wondering who typed there and why did they delete it. Hopefully I didn't affend anybody. :o)
That's so thoughtful. Thanks for sharing.
jennifer, i am deeply offended. (jk) it was i who gave you the dreaded deleted comment... i post under brians account so i deleted it. i thought i posted under mine though! anywhooo, what i said, was i know that you get it. in fact, i think that you get it so well that most of the time, i don't have to say it!
you get it & i can say thank-you..
i love your friendship & you know what i mean!
xoxo
I think that as women and mothers, we do experience a lot of similar things but, I must say that you are still unique and different and you are the only you!! That is what makes you special . . .and makes me want to be your friend. (which, btw, I know that I totally need to come over and officially introduce my family to you. Maybe on a walk . . . I also need to see what you have done with "our" house! :) :)
P.S. I guess we can still be friends but, I am still going to try to push the Twilight books on you!! LOL!
Post a Comment